Friday, February 6, 2009

No change.

I'm still computerless, but still checking in from time to time. The surgery schedule's been rough lately, so I've had only scant, tantalizing moments to buzz through my email and blogs. I've skimmed most of your posts, but it seems I never have enough to time to come up with a witty comment. It's left me feeling like there's this great party going on, but I can't participate because my mom grounded me for not taking out the garbage. It's really strange. Without constant internet access, I'm filled with this perpetual, disconnected, depressing emptiness. I'm exaggerating, of course, but I still think I might have some new, undefined form of emotional disorder.

Modern technology has it's dark side, no?

Anyway. The dead quiet at my house in the mornings has given me loads of time to outline my next book. I'm technically done with it, but while I'm still without a word processor, I have nothing to do but think up addtional tweaks and twists. Like creatures made of cold fire that chase you around and try to crawl down your throat. And floating masks that allow you to monitor your various assassination attempts. And ways to make food and tools using every part of a giant insect.

So I'm getting by, I suppose.

Thanks for dropping by and commenting. I hope to return the favor soon.

19 comments:

Paul Michael Murphy said...

I feel your pain. With the little one sick and all sorts of other things going on this past week (including work), I haven't been a very good commenter.

Here's looking forward to spring break.

Kelly Polark said...

I was without internet for a few days this week and I felt like my left arm was gone. Well, okay like the knuckle of my thumb was gone.
But I did get a lot more noncomputer things done!

bunnyjo georg said...

I'm thinking you are really neglecting FB - you probably have like 53 unanswered friend requests! ;) (Cuz everyone knows he's an FB ho)

Debbie Schubert said...

Ray - I've missed you! The party's still fun, but not quite as much fun. Hope that makes you feel better. Come home soon. Tell your mom you're sorry and you'll never do it again. ;-)

Madison said...

At least you're still getting things done. And don't worry. I'm sure you'll be back on here on a normal basis soon! :)

VeeFlower said...

I would say something, but I'm afraid it would hurt your street cred. So Mum is me.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, you can't come to our party...!

Anita said...

I don't think this party ever ends. Whenever you come back, we'll still be here.

Keri Mikulski said...

Best of luck.. You're missed. :)

Vikki said...

Yes, you're missing the party and I'm hogging all the Guinness. Oh, and there are breakdancing robots, too.

No, seriously, we miss you :>)

Mary O. Paddock said...

Ray, you just have to come back soon. I have query letter questions . . .

Honestly, I hope your computer is fixed soon.

Elizabeth said...

My laptop packed it too.
Sigh.
I miss it.
But good to hear from you and know you are still alive and well.

shortensweet said...

Ok, so you come over to my blog and talk crap about my priorties, couch, tv then computer....what about yours?

Your kids don't need to eat or get new clothes and don't need power or heat...SACRAFICE and get a new computer!! :)

Sarah J Clark said...

I'll say it again: Slacker.

=)

Jewel Allen said...

Sounds like lots of cool stuff going on with your story.

Tracey said...

I think that cold fire thing might give me bad dreams. Thanks for that. I was going to save you a Guiness, but now I think I'll just let Vivi have it.

Ray Veen said...

Crazy people.

I'm back, but I'm not caught up yet.

Thanks for commenting.

VeeFlower said...

Welcome back BPV. Hope to get the update we've all been waiting to hear about.

Timothy said...

Alright:I will admit I am a facebook ho' because you will find that I am on there 99.99% of the time playing FaceBookWrestling and it is very addictive. On the other hand this is my ninth week of Psychology 220 and I have a powerpoint presentation that is required to do with 8-10 slide presentation to do with "empathy,love, and hope." Along with extensive speaker notes; and it needs to be completed before Monday, February 23, 2009 2:00am (arizona Time).