Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Anyone want to read my new book?

Not my recently, self-published book.  I'm talking about one I finished last summer -- the next one I'm going to send off to literary agents and such to try to get a traditional publishing deal.  I've been editing it for the past few months, and while it's not real smooth yet, it is presentable.  I'm looking for willing volunteers to take a look at it, and give me feedback, so I can fix all the stupid mistakes I've missed but are surely there before real industry professionals start reading it and subsequently scoff at all the afore-mentioned stupid mistakes and throw my story in the trash.  Or click delete or whatever -- in a derisive sort of way.

The story is called Oneironaut.  It's a young-adult contemporary fantasy about objects in the dreamworld that can be carried into the waking world.  Click the 'Oneironaut' tab at the top of my blog to read the full description.

So what do you think?  Interested?  If so, email me at veen.ray@gmail.com and say "I'm in".  Be sure to use the email account you want it sent to, and let me know if you prefer a Word document, or a PDF (which you can move to your e-reader).

Also -- thanks.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This sounds totally awesome, Mr. Veen. However, this one I cannot offer to read for you. One simple reason, my YA novel is about the dreamworld. So, clearly, the premise intrigues me. (no worries, your story is completely different than mine.)
You should read A Crack in the Line by Michael Lawrence. It isn't dream related, but it's the book that inspired me to write my dream book. It's an excellent story besides.